Variphy Application TCP Ports
By default, Variphy uses 4 local TCP listening ports, for example 8080 for web server (Variphy is typically available at http://:8080.) If, however, an existing service running on your machine is claiming any of the required ports, there will be a conflict and Variphy may fail to start, unless configured to use alternate ports.
Variphy 10.x – 12.x uses the following TCP ports by default (all are configurable):
- Web Server (HTTP): TCP Port 8080
- Web Server (HTTPS): Port 8443
- H2 Database: Port 9001
- Tomcat Shutdown: Port 8005
Before changing Insight application ports, consider the following:
- If you are not sure which port number to choose, use a tool such as netstat to determine which port numbers are free to use by Insight. The highest port number that can be used is 65535 because it is the highest number which can be represented by an unsigned 16 bit binary number. The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) lists the registration of commonly used port numbers for well-known Internet services, it’s advisable to avoid any of those ports.
- Don’t forget that your firewall may prevent people from connecting to Insight based on the ports configured. Organizations with a local network protected by a firewall typically need to consider modifying their firewall configuration whenever they install a web-based application (such as Insight) that is running on a new port or host.
Variphy Application TCP Ports are configured in the following locations, relative to the installation directory:
- HTTP Web Server: config/http_customizations.xml
- HTTPS/SSL HTTP Web Server: config/https_customizations.xml
- H2 Database: config/insight.properties
- Tomcat Shutdown: app/tomcat/conf/server.xml